My newest piece, “Bastard’s Rite”, a quick and dirty jump into a single seedy night of bare-knuckle brawling, is now up on Fiction on The Web.
Please take a read and while you’re at it, check out the other authors on the site. There are some really wonderful stories out there!
Now excuse me while I nurse my first flu since 1994.
I won’t go too deep into the reeds (HA!), but you just might have heard that a young, black, MALE has been casted as a traditionally white character in the new Fantastic Four Movie.
In other, completely unrelated news: the world is still spinning.
Nothing’s on fire.
Well, except for Michael B. Jordan…well, not for real, but now he’s the Human Torch and…
There are a ton of blog posts and articles detailing the ridiculous fanboy hand wringing that’s coming out of this and to that I say: let’s concentrate on the REAL problem with a Fantastic Four reboot (or problems).
- It’s Fox – we know this is fucked out of the door. They could have had the entire cast be just Daniel Day Lewis and it would still suck (just not as much).
- The rest of the cast looks to be utterly devoid of charisma and they actually match the race of the characters in the comic book.
- Seriously, Fox is making this.
- You just know the Doom casting announcement will be worse, so why whine now?
It’s been said before, but Jordan is actually one of the few things about this movie that is genuinely interesting. Would I have preferred a ballsier casting choice for a black actor? Hell yes! I’d love to see a black Reed Richards. It would be a breath of fresh fucking air.
If anything, the decision to cast a black actor as The Human Torch, effectively the comedy relief of the film, is pretty by the numbers, if you ask me.
The real injustice in my eyes is the lack of a Black Panther movie from Marvel. Maybe they can make it up to us by casting Doctor Strange against the grain.
Now how fun would that be?
So, no need to wax poetic.
- I’m actually succeeding at suckering, um, convincing people to read my stories. Sure, right now it’s for free, but baby steps, man, baby steps.
- Figured I’d take it a step further and make an “official blog”. So there’s that.
- This is where I’ll post links to stories, talk crap about movies/music/TV/comics and try really hard to not navel gaze.
Done and done.
I’ve been published twice. This will by doubling by the end of the month, so hoorah for me!
Anyway, here are links to my two published pieces, which are awesome and will change your entire life.
Honey, Soft and Slow – A super short ditty on Red Fez. Check my story out and then check out the other 63 issues of wonderful writing and art, Totally worth it!
Big Mouth – An even shorter – and stranger piece on WeirdYear. My first published piece.
I have forthcoming work on Fiction on The Web and Shotgun Honey. I’m humbled and psyched to share them with you!
Until then, be easy.